OpenCores
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
how to add ethmac to soc
by lucasaa on Jun 11, 2020
lucasaa
I have downloaded the ethernet mac ip on this website.And i want to add the mac ip to my soc system by using wishbone bus.My soc system is embeded a soft core called sirv e203.The system is implented on the nexys4 ddr board which is a fpga board. The e203 core has the ICB interface,but the mac ip has the wishbone interface.So there is a problem which need to handle the ICB bus to wishbone bus conversion.Then connect e203 core to mac ip by wishbone bus.Hope giving my answer!
RE: how to add ethmac to soc
by hno on Jun 16, 2020
hno
I assume you are using the Hummingbird e203 RISC-V SoC?

This SoC design do have an ICB to Wishbone 8-bit bridge sirv_gnrl_icb32towishb8. See how the I2C Wishbone core is integrated. It should be trivial to adapt this to be used as a 32-bit wishbone bridge for ethmac. The wishbone bus specification is completely open but feel free to ask if you need help understanding any signal.

Another alternative is to go via APB and use an APB to Wishbone bridge such as this one https://github.com/freecores/ahb2wishbone behind the sirv_gnrl_icb2apb bridge.
by lucasaa on Jun 17, 2020
lucasaa
Thank you giving my answer.Now i have build the soc ,but i don't know whether it is right.My final purpose is realize the internet function.What is the Next step i need to do? how can i check that the soc is right?
by hno on Jun 21, 2020
hno
To fully test the SoC+ethmac you need an application with Ethernet support running on the SoC, including driver for ethmac and suitable network stack.

What are you running on the SoC? Any kind of operating system, linux or RTOS? Or just barebone applications? Do you have ethmac driver and TCP/IP stack in your software stack?

If nothing else very good start is to verify from debugger/monitor/bootloader that you can read/write the ethmac registers in your address map.
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
© copyright 1999-2024 OpenCores.org, equivalent to Oliscience, all rights reserved. OpenCores®, registered trademark.